If you’re limited on outside space, and you don’t have the room for a tank, our gas bottle solution is the perfect alternative. Gas bottles can be housed in a subtle storage unit and a change over valve automatically switches from one gas bottle to another, giving you a continuous gas supply.
Are gas cylinders best suited for my home?
- Your gas bottles must be sited against a wall or building structure with at least 30 minutes fire resistance.
- They must be positioned on firm, level ground in a well-ventilated area, where they are reasonably protected from accidental damage or interference, and remain accessible at all times.
- Propane bottles must be stored outside, and not in cellars or basements or in sunken areas.
- There needs to be a minimum of 1m horizontally from the nearest gas bottle valve to fixed sources of ignition, unprotected electrical equipment, excessive heat sources or doors, air bricks, ventilation ducts, flue terminals and openable windows.
- There needs to be a minimum of 2m horizontally from the nearest gas bottle valve to untrapped drains, unsealed gullies and openings to cellars.
- The area around your gas bottle needs to be kept clear of litter, vegetation or flammable materials.
- Gas bottles must not be located within 3 metres of any corrosive, toxic or oxidising material.